If you’re using Easy Digital Downloads as a sales platform for your digital products, you’re going to love our EDD integration. It’s an easy and simple way to display dynamic content based on a visitor’s interaction on your site with your products. Increase sales, reduce advertising costs, and increase your ROI with immediate results.
Display dynamic content to your visitors based on:
- Total spent on site
- Value of items in cart
- Product/Category in cart
- Product/Category purchased
Easy Digital Downloads and If-So Conditions
Total Spent on Site
Display different messages based on the total amount a user spent on your site.
Eg. Notify customers of a discount on their orders next month after they reach a certain total spent this month.
Value of Items in Cart
Display dynamic content to customers when they have a certain value of items in their cart to encourage them to make their purchase.
Eg. Display a message to users when they have surpassed the minimum order on your site to receive a free perk.
Product/Category in Cart
Show dynamic content based on the products or product category your customers place in their cart. This condition is great for cross-selling and up-selling, some of the easiest ways to improve sales and revenue.
Eg. If a customer places a digital copy of your first ebook in their cart, offer its sequel.
Show dynamic content based on the products or product category your customers purchased from.
How to set up content on your EDD site
To set up an Easy Digital Downloads condition you’ll need both the If-So plugin and the If-So Easy Digital Downloads integration activated. Once you have that setup, a new Easy Digital Downloads condition will be added to the If-So condition’s drop-down menu.
Creating a dynamic If-So trigger is fairly intuitive, but if you want to learn more about If-So and its advanced options, you can start here: How does If-So work.
Step-by-step: The basics of how to set up the Easy Digital Downloads condition
- Make sure you have If-So and the If-So Easy Digital Downloads integration installed
- On your WordPress dashboard, go to “If>So → Add New Trigger”
- Set up the dynamic version:
- Select the relevant Easy Digital Downloads condition from the drop-down menu.
- Set the content to be displayed if the condition is met.
- In the default content field, set content to be displayed if the condition is not met.
- Press “Publish”.
- Copy and paste the shortcode wherever you want to display the trigger’s content (on pages, posts, or widgets).