In this article: About the schedule condition | Usage examples | How to set up a schedule trigger
What is the schedule content condition
The schedule content condition lets you customize pars of your website content according to the time of the day and day of the week.
How can your site benefit from scheduling content? Examples:
- Show a click to call button on your business opening hours (on mobiles only, combining with the device condition)
- Display a contact form when your business is closed
- Show your opening hours when the business is closed
- Enreach your visitors experience with a customized content according to the time of the day
Which content can be scheduled?
Same as on all If>So’s dynamic triggers, any content of the website can be customized. That includes titles, texts, images, call to actions, and buttons.
How to set up a schedule content condition
- On your WordPress dashboard, go to “If>So → Add New Trigger”.
- Click on “Select a condition” and select “Time & Date“.
- Select “Schedule“.
- Select the hours and days of the week in which you want to display the customized content
- In the content field, set the content to be displayed if visitors enter the site at the selected times
- In the default content field, set content to be displayed if visitors enter outside the selected times (optional, can be left blank).
- Press “Publish” and paste the shortcode generated by If>So in your website.
The schedule condition uses your website’s time settings, it is important to make sure they set correctly. To set the time settings go to Settings > General on your WordPress dashboard.
- Will this work with server and WordPress caching solutions?
Whether you are using a caching plugin or server caching, you can navigate to the plugin settings and enable the "Page Caching Compatibility" option. With the option enabled, dynamic triggers will be rendered in a separate request that will take place after the loading of the cached version.
Learn more about Page Caching Compatibility.
- Can I redirect users to a different page based on conditions?