In this article: About the Audiences in If-So | Creating a New Audience | How to Add and Remove Users from a Audiences | The Audiences Condition
If-So allows you to Segment users into audiences based on the dynamic version displayed to them. You can then create an “Audiences” condition to display dynamic content to users who are part of the Audience.
What is the “Audiences” condition?
The “Audiences” condition allows you to pre-define audiences (segments) of users so that you can display audiences-based content. Adding or removing users from these audiences is done based on the dynamic versions the user has seen.
- If a user arrives at the site from a Facebook Campaign targeted to women only, you can create an audience called “Females” and add her to the audience. You can then set another trigger placed in another location on your website and set an audiences=female condition to display content targeted to women.
How to Set Up Audiences-Based Content
Setting up audiences-based content requires three simple steps:
- Create the audience
- Set up the conditions to add (or remove) users from the audience
- Set up audience-based content
Step 1: Creating a new audience
- On your WordPress dashboard, go to “If>So → Audiences“
- Enter the desired name for your new audience.
- Click “Create New Audience”
- Once the audience is created, its name will be displayed in a list.
Step 2: Adding (or removing) users from an audience
Once you have created at least one audience, you will have the ability to add or remove users in that particular audience based on certain conditions and triggers.
You can find the option to add or remove users from an audience just below the dynamic versions’ conditions. Simply click the “Audience” option and specify when to add a user to an audience when the condition is met, remove them from other audiences, or both.
Step 3: Setting up audience-based content
- On your WordPress dashboard, go to “If>So → Add New Trigger.
- Click “Select a condition” and select “Audiences.“
- Select an operator (“Audience is” or “Audience is not”)
- In the content field, specify the content to be displayed if a user is part of the audience.
- In the default content field, specify the content to be displayed if the user is not part of the audience.
- Click “Publish” and paste the shortcode generated by If-So to your website.