In this article: About showing different content according to device type | Usage examples | Redirect mobile visitors to a different page | How to set up a Device type condition using If-So
About content customization according to device type
Studies have shown that user behavior is different on mobiles, tablets, or desktops. With If-So’s Device Type condition you can easily optimize your website’s content experience for each device. You can choose to replace some of your page content, replace the whole page, or add new content on certain devices only.
Adaptive design solution
Unlike responsive design, If-So’s solution is a server-side solution. It means that the content you set to be displayed on certain devices, will not be loaded on others. This results in faster page loading times, and a convenient way to manage and optimize content.
How can your site benefit from device-based content?
- Display a click to call button on mobile devices, and a phone number on desktops.
- Combine with the Schedule condition: Show mobile visitors a click to call button on opening hours, and replace it with a contact form when the business is closed.
- Prevent the loading of sliders and other long loading content on mobile devices.
- Create a whole different version of your homepage (or any other page) and redirect mobile visitors to the new, optimized page.
Which content can be customized using the Device Type condition?
Same as with all of If-So’s dynamic triggers, any of the website’s content can be customized. That includes titles, texts, images, call to actions, buttons, and more.
Redirect mobile visitors to a new page
How to set up device-based content using If-So
- On your WordPress dashboard, go to “If-So → Add New Trigger
- Click on “Select a condition” and select “Device Type“.
- Check the device (or devices) you would like to display customized content on.
- In the content field, set the content to be displayed on the devices you have checked.
- In the default content field, set content to be displayed on the devices you have not chosen (optional, can be left blank).
- Press “Publish” and paste the shortcode generated by If-So in your website.
Ready to get started?