To install If-So you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. If you need help installing WordPress, follow the instructions in WordPress Codex.
There are two different ways to install and activate If-So:
- Via the WordPress installer
- Via FTP
Installing If-So via WordPress
- Log in to your account and download the If-So ZIP file.
- On your WordPress dashboard go to Plugins → Add New.
- Click on “Upload Plugin”.
- Navigate your computer files and select the If-So ZIP file.
- Once it’s uploaded, click on “Activate“.
Installing If-So via FTP
In order to use FTP, you will need a client program for your computer. The most popular programs are FileZilla and WinSCP. Both are available for Mac and Windows.
- Connect to your server with your FTP program.
- Locate the Document Root (the folder containing all of your WordPress files) for your site. It’s often called public_html or has the same name as your site’s domain name, but it could be anything. If you’re unsure, ask your host.
- Once you have located your “Document Root”, use your FTP program to go into
- Use your FTP program to upload the plugin folder created when you unzipped the plugin file.
- Last, once the folder is completely uploaded, your plugin will be listed on the WordPress plugins page, and you can click on the activate link next to it.
NOTE: Make sure to upload the plugin folder, not the zip file. The zip file won’t function on your site.